European Network of Outdoor Sports (ENOS)
The European Network of Outdoor Sports (ENOS) was established as a not for profit organisation at the Nature and Outdoor Sports Euro’Meet conference in 2013 (Liptovsky Mikulas, Slovakia) in reponses to a need to represent outdoor sports at a European level.
ENOS became a network of European experts, local authorities, federations, universities, practitioners and outdoor sports enthusiasts. The main objectives are:
- Representing outdoor sports at a strategic level in Europe.
- Promoting that outdoor sport can provide genuine environmental, educative, social and economic benefits to individuals, communities, regions and nations.
- Supporting the organization and management of outdoor sports both on a national and transnational basis.
- Encouraging trans-national approaches to the recognition of leaders, instructors and coaches, to develop mobility and employment.
- Assisting initiatives that promote responsible and sustainable access and use of landscape, marine areas, habitats and eco-systems.